RECYCLEWORKS OUTDOOR SCULPTURE CONTEST RULES
The following criteria must be met:
- All applicants must be residents, living at least 6 months of the year, in Pueblo County. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to participate.
- There is a limit of two (2) contest entries per person.
- Each entry must consist of 75% recycled or reused materials and be an original work of art. Framing and attachments may be new materials.
- The art piece will be displayed entirely outdoors, and must be made to withstand all Colorado weather, weather events, and be waterproof.
- Minimum size must be 1 cubic yard, with a maximum of 3 cubic yards, and must not exceed 15 feet in height.
- Kinetic pieces will be considered. All moving parts must be durable, weather resistant, and safe for the public.
- Art pieces may not contain any business promotions or advertisements, nor include any breach of intellectual property rights, brands or trademarks, or depictions of illegal activity or other inappropriate subject matter.
- Art pieces containing cigarette butts, drug or marijuana paraphernalia, hazardous chemicals, ammunition, weaponry, or profanity, or other materials deemed inappropriate will be declined.
- The City reserves the right to require changes to chosen designs in order to accommodate the specific location or any other aspect that may affect installation or durability. All changes shall be determined by the City in its sole and absolute discretion and require compliance or contest award shall be withdrawn and prize shall be forfeited. Artists are encouraged to visit the site at 1595 Stockyard Road for site perspective and environmental conditions.
- If the actual piece was not represented accurately in the digital images, the construction of the piece is sub‐ standard as deemed by the jurors and/or installation team, or the piece violates any other contest rule or term, the City, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to decline the artwork and award the installation and prize to another submission.
- The piece must be ready for installation, including all mounting hardware; upon delivery to Pueblo RecycleWorks. Installation must be completed by June 29, 2018.
Submitting Entry Form
Entry forms will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 11, 2018. Applicants are required to submit 3‐5 digital (jpg) views of their work and a brief statement of concept (approximately 200 words). Submissions should include the title of the work, describe the type and style of artwork, noting any moving parts. Please submit completed entry form and images to: pueblo‐firstname.lastname@example.org ; OR drop off or mail the entry form (include digital pictures on CD or flash drive) to:
City of Pueblo‐Department of Transportation
350 S. Alan Hamel Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81003.
- Art pieces must be family‐friendly, appropriate for the general public, and aesthetically pleasing. Submissions that are not in compliance with contest criteria and rules will be rejected. All decisions of the jurors are final.
- Changes to the winning art piece may be required to accommodate the specific location or other concerns.
- Winning artist must deliver art piece to the site and assist in the installation after signing a liability release.
- The winning art piece, and its photo likeness, become the property of the City of Pueblo. The artist must release artwork to the City of Pueblo by signed agreement. Additional photos suitable for professional publishing will be taken on site after installation.
- The winning artist will receive a $1,000 cash prize after all contest criteria and terms have been satisfied and installation has been completed.
Project funded by: