About BEGIN (The Bessemer, Eilers, and Grove Improvement Network)
Funded through a state health department grant, BEGIN is a group of local leaders (health professionals, parks and recreation professionals, neighborhood residents, youth representatives, etc.) that are dedicated to increasing physical activity, safety, connectedness, and pride throughout the Bessemer, Eilers and Grove neighborhoods. We are hoping to do that by completing community projects and working on policies and system changes throughout the community. We are currently looking to get input from the neighborhood residents about what they think are the issues surrounding our target topics, and what ideas they may have. We then will use that input along with other previous planning input to help our group prioritize and decide what projects to take on for the next two years. Through our group, there will be a lot of opportunity to provide training and skill development classes for residents.
We hope we are able to partner with local neighborhood associations, including the Bessemer Association for Neighborhood Development (BAND), Eiler’s Heights in Bojon Town, and the Grove, and assist them however they need.
We are looking for more residents to a part of this group so that when we come to making decisions about neighborhood projects, we are making sure that residents are guiding the process.
Ways to Be Involved
- Join BEGIN and represent your neighborhood
- We meet every 1st Wednesday of the month from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at NeighborWorks (1241 E Routt Ave)
- We are hoping to get an evening meeting scheduled for those who cannot make the daytime meeting.
- Give your input, Enter to win MANY PRIZES (50” TV, $30 Local Business Gift Cards, $25 Cinemark Gift Cards, $50 Walmart Gift Cards) by taking a quick resident survey.
- Click HERE to take the survey, make sure to enter your contact information on the very last page.
- Visit https://nwsoco.org/what-we-do/ced/community-initiatives/begin.html to take the survey
- Contact Alexis (Lexi) Romero at 719-583-4480 or email@example.com and she can bring you a paper copy to fill out
- Or wait until volunteers come to your home and ask you the survey questions in person